So head to your local farmer’s market, grab some fresh corn and read on for our five favorite corn recipes!
- Black Bean & Toasted Corn Tacos. Toasting the corn in a skillet along with cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper results in a sweet and spicy veg to stuff into crispy tacos. With black beans, red peppers and baby spinach, this is a fully loaded meat-free dinner.
- Corn & Tomato Saute. Pair fresh and sweet corn with the other star vegetable of summer, tomato. (Yes we know it’s technically a fruit!) This bright summer salad tastes best with a generous handful of herbs – try basil, tarragon, mint or parsley. A great side dish to pair with light suppers or to take to a cookout.
- Farmer’s Market Pasta. This pasta is the perfect way to enjoy your farmer’s market produce in one easy dish and, as you’d expect, it just screams summer. Treat the recipe as a template and adapt it to whatever vegetables you have to hand – corn, eggplant, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and carrots make for an especially colorful plate!
- Wild Rice Salad With Corn, Blueberries And Almonds. Wild rice takes slightly longer to cooker than regular rice, about 30-40 minutes, so set aside a little extra time. It has a delicious nutty texture though, which pairs well with crunchy almonds and sweet blueberries. Serve this unusual salad with fish or grilled meat.
- Pickled Corn. If you really have a glut of corn then pickling will help it last longer so you don’t have to eat it all at once. We like this spicy pickle with dried chili, red onion, cilantro and lime. Go classic by adding some to veggie burgers or think outside the box by using a spoon in a homemade tangy salad dressing.
Don’t forget that this season’s GLC is the first to include a Remote option. So even if you aren’t local you can still join in on the transformation!