Don’t get us wrong, we love a good burger. But there are also times when we get a little stuck in a rut with our barbecuing. Are balanced, nutritious dishes that will please a crowd, and, of course, which are easy to cook on the grill, too much to ask for?
Of course not! We’ve compiled our list of alternative barbecue recipes for this very reason. Get inspired just in time for your next summer get together!
- Grilled Pizza. The communal way of preparing pizza makes it a great choice for a barbecue. Not to mention that the grill gets much hotter than the oven, resulting in a more crispy-on-the-outside, light-on-the-inside pizza dough. Try out this simple recipe for starters. And you can always replace the traditional dough with cauliflower!
- Grilled Clams with Spiced Paprika Butter. Go upmarket with grilled seafood! Clams can be cooked in a pan or directly on the hot coals, either way, they’ll absorb that delicious smoky flavor – delicious with a dash of spiced paprika butter. Serve with a crisp green salad.
- Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas With Kale Pesto. Pack tortillas (try quinoa ones!) with grilled veggies for a healthy lunch alternative then throw on the barbecue for those appetizing grill lines. Non-meat eaters expecting a standard veggie patty will be pleasantly surprised!
- Grilled Avocado with Salsa. Don’t think the world’s most trendy fruit can’t be given the grill treatment too! The space left by the stone can be filled with this chunky tomato salsa. Just be aware of portion control if you’re watching your fat intake.
- Charred Romaine Lettuce. Never eaten cooked lettuce before? It’s much less weird than it sounds. In fact, this recipe with a steak seasoning dressing is positively delicious! What’s more it takes just 5 minutes to cook on the grill.
What are your barbecue favorites? Tell us in the comments below!