We’re right in the middle of asparagus season here in Half Moon Bay that can last up until June with the right temperatures. While we pray to the weather gods, here are five ways to make the most of the glut of asparagus before it disappears until next year!
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto. Complement the flavor of the asparagus with whatever herbs you have to hand – mint, basil or parsley all work great here. If you want to make this silky risotto vegan, switch out the cheese with a spoonful of nutritional yeast. And you can always use cauliflower rice!
- Thai-Style Asparagus With Chiles, Garlic, & Basil. Go spicy and fragrant with this Thai-inspired recipe. Enjoy as a side dish or throw in some chicken or tofu pieces to transform it into a main course!
- Pea, Asparagus And Fava Bean Salad. Hit the seasonal veggie jackpot with this fresh, green salad that should be eaten just warm. Serve with grilled meat for a well-rounded dinner.
- Mushroom and Asparagus Fettuccine. Making asparagus ribbons with a vegetable peeler has got to be the prettiest way this enjoy this nutritious green veg. Swirl them into your favorite pasta dish – we like this veg-loaded fettuccine for its bright, bold colors as well as its summery taste.
- Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake. A great one-pan bake for the whole family to enjoy, this dish is protein packed and will release energy slowly thanks to the quinoa. This recipe uses leeks and asparagus, but you can adapt it to include your favorite veggies too. The finishing touch is a light sprinkling of sharp cheddar cheese.
How do you like to eat asparagus? Share you tips with us in the comments below!