It can be hard to try cooking meat-free, especially if you have to make multiple dishes every meal to accommodate everyone. Some of these are actually versions of non-vegan recipes, but with the amazing flavors we bet you can’t tell the difference! Check out these recipes to inspire you to try healthy vegan cuisine.
- Quinoa Falafel with Avocado Tahini Dressing. This recipe is a unique take on the well-known falafel. Vegan substitutes for yogurt, quinoa, and a creamy cucumber sauce might even make it a step up from the traditional falafel sandwich. Be sure to use whole grain pita to make this super-healthy!
- Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle. The creaminess in this pasta comes from the protein-packed cashew, a favorite for making vegan cheese. It’s healthy fats are a surprisingly delicious substitute to parmesan!
- Moroccan Millet-Lentil Salad. You probably already have some of the ingredients for this versatile dish in your kitchen. Whole grain millet can be mixed with any fruit or vegetable to give the salad a different flavor anytime you make it.
- Aubergine Involtini. This Italian dish will impress even the pickiest meat-eater. While easy to make, it looks pretty impressive for any dinner guests you might have if you serve it as an appetizer.
- Stir Fried Eggplant, Potatoes and Peppers. Who doesn’t love a good Chinese dish? The flavors in this stir fry pack such a punch no one will be asking “Where’s the meat?”
Vegan doesn’t have to mean boring or tasteless – use these as a starting point to kick off flavorful, healthy and meat-free cooking. Have you done any vegan versions of your favorite dishes? Share them in the comments below!