Can you believe it’s almost 4th of July already? Where has this year gone! We all know how fun it is to get patriotic for the holiday, but who has the time to arrange a replica of the American flag in fruit pieces? We’ve put together a list of yummy and healthy recipes for your Fourth of July event that will please the crowd and not take you all day to prepare!
- Watermelon Star Skewers. We love this recipe because it’s so much fun! Not to mention a perfect sparkler alternative for the littlest ones. It’s very straightforward to put together, the only tools you need are a star-shaped cookie cutter and skewer sticks.
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Sauce. Who said you can’t get a little fancy on the 4th? This recipe breaks up the hamburger monotony without being too complicated to prepare. It’s very flavorful and the blueberry barbecue sauce is really something. If you don’t have time to make the sauce, use yours from the fridge and garnish with blueberries.
- Double Berry Coconut Pops. Having a dessert around that won’t break your GetLean Challenge good eating streak is key for this holiday! This popsicle recipe is a feast for the eyes with it’s bright colors, and it’s tasty too! The secret is the creamy coconut and stevia, it makes these pops satisfying without feeling like a compromise.
- Watermelon Summertime Salad. This salad is one of our recipes! The contrast of it’s sweet and savory fresh ingredients makes this summertime salad a delight. It’s best to make this the day of Fourth of July as the arugula can get soggy with the watermelon if left overnight.
- Blueberry Margarita. The margarita mix you can buy at the store is overloaded with sugar, not good! Why not make something just as delicious and patriotic to boot? For the 21+ set, this Fourth of July cocktail is good for those craving a fruity adult drink without the sugar bomb. Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite patriotic recipe? Share it in the comments!