With April Fool’s Day having just recently passed, I thought it would make sense to talk about the MAGICAL POWERS of laughter! 🙂
In the context of “funny jokes” on April Fool’s day, some of our 6+ year clients will remember the time we had the “pink donut box” on the front desk and everyone was pretty excited because I was telling the class about a new finding that quick sugar was essential after a hard workout and that “donut holes” were considered the perfect quick recovery snack! 🙂
After class folks hustled up to the box… only to find it full of tangerines, NOT donut holes!
OK, I was laughing…it was a good joke in my mind, but some folks were not so amused! Haha!
But the REAL point here is that LAUGHTER is AMAZINGLY magical and has SUCH profound impacts on our health!
So it’s time to add MORE LAUGHTER to our lives and not just on April Fool’s Day! Here are 5 reasons to wake up your inner comedian and start making others (and yourself) laugh:
1) Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
2) Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
3) Laughter burns calories. OK, so it’s no replacement for going to EF class, but one study found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn approximately 40 calories—which could be enough to lose three or four pounds over the course of a year.
4) Laughter lightens anger’s heavy load. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh. Looking at the funny side can put problems into perspective and enable you to move on from confrontations without holding onto bitterness or resentment.
5) Laughter may even help you to live longer. A study in Norway found that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who don’t laugh as much. The difference was particularly notable for those battling cancer.
With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use!
You know where it’s FUN and EASY TO LAUGH? At EF Classes!
Getting to class is a great way to make connections with awesome people, get in a great workout and laugh! All benefiting your well-being! 🙂
And if I can ever help YOU make those connections and get in on the fun happening at EF, just send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’d love to chat with you about your goals and aspirations!
In Good Health,