Whether it’s a meal substitute or a wholesome snack, smoothies are a great food item to mix into your diet. If made correctly, they are both satiating and full of nutrients. An entire day’s serving a fruit and vegetables can be blended into one filling vegan drink.
Check out some that are both full of vitamins and nutrients including protein!
- Kale, Berry and Acai Power Smoothie. The popular kale never fails, especially in this smoothie recipe which includes the plant proteins such as chia and hemp seeds. If the idea of drinking kale sounds odd, don’t worry as the overwhelming flavor is a fruity one.
- Breakfast smoothie. It’s easy to get in a breakfast routine or even a rut that is hard to break. Everyone once in awhile it’s good to substitute the classic caffeine fix for something a little heartier. Try this recipe for a peanut butter oatmeal smoothie loaded with protein.
- Green smoothie. The leafy greens which give this classic smoothie its color are also loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. Try this recipe which mixes in a bit of citrus as well as hemp seeds for added protein.
- Dessert smoothie. Instead of indulging in a high calorie milkshake to satisfy your sweet tooth try substituting a dessert smoothie. Not only will you have more control over the calorie factor but also the nutrients that go in it as well. Try this vanilla shake recipe to satisfy your sweet cravings.
- Chocolate Smoothie. For those who want to have their cake and eat it too, ie. eat chocolate and still be healthy, this smoothie is for you. Made with dark chocolate which supplies antioxidants and non-dairy milk this dark chocolate peppermint smoothie is delicious.
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe? Let us know in the comments below!