Looking for a delicious, satisfying, and relatively easy family dinner? Well look no further! This delectable dish uses avocado instead of cheese for a creamy texture with more health benefits. Add in the lean chicken breast and this meal is also pumped full of protein. Not to mention it’s done in 20 minutes!
To make this a complete meal, include a side dish of vegetables, like grilled asparagus or lightly sautéed spinach.
Makes 4 servings
2 medium avocados
1 lemon, juiced
3 tablespoons of light olive oil
1/4 cup of fresh basil
1 teaspoon of salt
- Boil water in a large pot over high heat. Add your pasta, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 10 minutes or until done.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken to sauté pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Pour finished pasta into a strainer and let cool.
- Combine pitted avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, and salt in a strong blender or food processor.
Pro Tip: If you are having trouble blending the sauce, add a dash of coconut milk.
- Cut the chicken into small slices.
- Combine pasta, chicken, and sauce together, making sure to thoroughly coat the mixture.
The avocado sauce doesn’t keep well, so if you have leftover chicken or pasta then store these separately from the sauce in the refrigerator.
We’d love to hear your feedback! Let us know if you liked this dish in the comments.