Sometimes, no matter how much we’d like to eat healthy we just don’t feel like we have enough time. And that is where your handy dandy crock pot comes in! Slow cooking can make enough food for the entire family without you needing to watch over the stove or the oven. Here is a recipe for a meal that even the busiest amongst us can enjoy!
Slow Cooked Portion:
1¼ pounds of lean boneless pork
1½ cups of chunky salsa
1 small onion
1 jalapeno (optional)
½ teaspoon of ground chipotle
¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of lime juice
2 cups of canned black beans
4 tablespoons of non-fat sour cream
16 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Cut the 1¼ pounds of pork into cubes.
- Dice the small onion and jalapeno into small pieces.
- Mix all the slow cooker ingredients into your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir your slow cooked pork mixture and divide it into 4 servings.
- Add ½ a cup of black beans, ½ an avocado, and 1 tablespoon of non-fat sour cream to each portioned plate. The romaine lettuce leaves can be used in place of tortillas.
Pro Tip: Didn’t finish your plate? The leftovers can be eaten for breakfast with eggs and fruit!
Loved this recipe? Let us know in the comments!