Many of us still think of tuna salad as that stuff inside your sandwich that made your bread kind of soggy in grade school. Well never fear! Our Tuna Protein Salad is so much better than that.
First off, this is an actual salad, with a variety of delicious and protein-packed ingredients. Seriously, this baby has 23 grams of protein in one serving! The Tuna Protein Salad is also a great food to pack on your outdoor weekend adventures or to bring to work. Just make sure to dress it the day you plan to eat it; otherwise the lettuce will get a little mushy.
Makes 1 serving
1 can of tuna (3 oz.)
1/2 a cup of raw green beans
2 cups of lettuce (we used Trader Joe’s Organic Baby Romaine, it has great color!)
2 teaspoons of Organic Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
Salt to taste
- Time to hard boil your egg. This website has a great tutorial on making perfect hard boiled eggs! (http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-boil-eggs-perfectly-every-time-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-202415)
- Cut the ends off your green beans and chop them in half.
- Fill the bottom of a sauté pan with water and a splash of oil. Add your greens beans and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes, or until slightly tender. Add salt to taste.
- Mix your can of tuna and 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- Once cooled, remove your egg’s shell and cut it in half.
- Put your lettuce in a medium bowl or Tupperware (if you are planning to save it).
- Sprinkle your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt over the lettuce and toss until coated.
- Set your tuna, green beans, and egg halves on top. Voila, a Tuna Protein Salad!
We’d love to hear your feedback on our Tuna Protein Salad. Let us know in the comments!