A basket of bread is pretty ubiquitous at any restaurant, and we Americans tend to mimic this tradition at home with sit down family meals. Buns, rolls, a side of garlic bread, it can become a habit that’s hard to shake. And even one roll can be more than half of the carbohydrates you need in a meal. Ouch! Today’s zucchini-based recipe cuts the carbs of your “bread basket” in half while adding in some healthy fats. We even substituted these as our side of carbs at Thanksgiving last year and no one missed the bread one bit! Check out the Easy Zucchini Fritter Muffins recipe below.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a cheese grater to shred your zucchini over a medium bowl.
- Mince the half onion and both garlic cloves into small pieces and mix with the zucchini shreds in the bowl.
- Whisk your two eggs in a small bowl.
- Add in the eggs, cashew flour, garlic powder, salt, and fresh basil into the medium bowl and mix everything until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into 12 mini muffin cups, or half fill 12 medium muffin cups.
Pro Tip: Silicon muffin cups work the best if you don’t want to worry about your creations falling apart upon removal.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges of each muffin are golden brown.
- Cool before removing your muffins from the cups.
Enjoy this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!