Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or so they say. But it’s easy to get into the yogurt, fruit, and granola habit without a second thought during busy weekday mornings. Sometimes a change of pace, or in this case, a change of protein, is a great way to shake up your morning meal! Below is a scrumptious recipe for Handmade Apple Turkey Breakfast Patties. Make them on the weekend when you have the time and heat a few up on the stove or in the microwave for the protein part of your breakfast when you are in a rush! Pair with fruit and almonds for a complete meal.
Makes 16 sausage patties
2 lbs ground turkey
2 medium apples
1/2 yellow onion
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons of fresh sage leaves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons of butter
- Cut the 2 medium apples and 1/2 an onion into small chunks.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat and melt the two tablespoons of butter. Cook the apple and onion pieces for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Mince the sage leaves into small pieces.
- Mix the turkey, salt, sage, garlic powder, and ground cloves in a large bowl. Add in the cooked apple and onion pieces and combine.
- Shape 2 inch sausage patties using your hands. Cook each in a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Refrigerate or freeze, depending on how long you want to save the patties.
Like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments!