Planning on having friends over this weekend? What you need is a selection of simple, healthy recipes that can be whipped up quickly with minimum fuss. We’ve done the hard work for you and compiled a list of our favorite appetizers which prove summer snacking doesn’t have to be complicated.
Don’t worry about a long shopping list – they’ve all got only three ingredients!
- Watermelon, Feta And Mint Skewers. Yes, it’s as simple as it sounds, bite-sized pieces of watermelon and feta on skewers with a mint leaf. This refreshing appetizer is delicious just like this, but you can also make (or buy!) a balsamic vinegar glaze should you feel like the additional five minutes work.
- Oysters With Lemon Juice And Tabasco. No, we’re not counting salt and pepper as ingredients and quite frankly, you might not need them anyway. Oysters are naturally salty and the Tabasco packs a punch so they’re entirely optional. This recipe proves simple can be elegant too.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Peaches. If you’re hosting a barbecue then throw these mouth-watering appetizers on the grill for a couple of minutes. The crispy, salty prosciutto makes a delicious contrast to sweet flesh of the peach. If you prefer something fresher, simply leave raw!
- Edamame With Sea Salt And Lime. If your guests love to get involved with food leave the edamame beans in their podsand let them shell them themselves. If you’re hosting a more elegant affair shell the beans and use toothpicks to serve. Either way, they go great with margaritas.
- Sardines On Crackers. Take inspiration from the Spanish in this tapas-style dishmade with tinned sardines. They need nothing more than a simple squeeze of lemon juice just before serving, although if you do want to embellish the dish, add a little light cream cheese or sliced tomato.
What are your go-to appetizers? Share your secret recipes with us in the comments!