GetLean Challenge Orientation is here! For those participating, we believe in you! You’ve already gotten over a major hurdle just by committing to the GetLean Challenge, now it’s time for us to help you through the rest.
One obstacle for everyone during the GetLean Challenge is cravings. Chocolate or wine, pizza or burritos, everyone has one thing that draws them like a magnet. This program will help to curb most cravings with regular meals, the correct balance of macronutrients for your body, and a super support system, but we are still human!
To celebrate the start of the GetLean Challenge, we are sharing our GLCfriendly killer pizza recipe! So delicious, great for savory cravings, and a perfect example of how the GetLean Challenge isn’t about limiting but improving what you eat. Enjoy!
One Serving, 3 block meal
1 7” whole wheat tortilla, 2 blocks carbs (New Leaf has an awesome “Ancient Grains” tortilla that is delicious & nutritious)
1⁄4 cup of marinara sauce (look at the ingredients and make sure there is no sugar!)
3⁄4 cup green peppers, 1 block carb (or veggie of your choice)
1⁄4 cup onions, see above block
2 teaspoons EVOO, 2 blocks fat
1 oz. shredded mozzarella, 1 block protein
2 oz. shredded chicken breast, 2 blocks protein
10 small black olives, 1 block fat
- Put one teaspoon of EVOO in a medium sauté pan and over the bottom of the pan with water. Add the peppers and onions and let simmer on medium (or medium low, depending on how hot your stove runs).
- Watch the pan while laying out your tortilla on a microwaveable plate and measuring the marinara sauce. Once the water has simmered off, usually after 35 minutes, add the other teaspoon of EVOO and a splash of water. Use a spatula to move the veggies around so they don’t burn.
- Once the onions caramelize, turn off the burner and set the pan aside.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly on the tortilla. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and shredded chicken breast over the sauce.
- Pop the halffinished pizza in the microwave for 1 minute, or until the cheese melts.
- Add the cooked veggies and olives to the pizza.
- Pro Tip: Knife and fork may be needed, as the carb base of the pizza is thinner than traditional pizza.
How do you beat the cravings? Tell us in the comments!