Remember those Chia Pets from when you were a kid? Who knew that the seeds were also something healthy to eat! Chia seeds are a great way to add some more protein and omega-3’s to your diet. These little babies have 4 grams of protein in every serving, which is about 2 tablespoons. Check out the list below for ways to incorporate these into your meals!
- The easiest way to add chia to your diet is to put 2 tablespoons into your breakfast yogurt every morning. Don’t forget some fruit in there too! It’s a delicious and quick morning meal.
- Chia seeds are also good in a smoothie. Blend some chia into your favorite smoothie recipe and boost that protein intake!
- The whole family can benefit from a little chia, and who doesn’t like guacamole? Mix in your chia seeds to guacamole or other healthy dips, like hummus, and encourage everyone to dig in those carrot and cucumber sticks. Yum!
- After you get used to the texture, chia seeds are also a good addition to coconut water. We like to squeeze a bit of lemon in there too.
- Chia pudding is a nice dessert without all the sugar. Combine 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and 12 ounces of almond milk, shake and let sit for 15 minutes. Then add some fruit and you have yourself a scrumptious dessert!
Did any of these recommendations tickle your tastebuds? Let us know in the comments!