No grains, no dairy and no artificial sugars? No problem! We’re here to let you know that following a Paleo diet doesn’t have to be tough, not with a little guidance and a handful of great recipes to get you started.
So instead of worrying about what you can’t eat, think about all the nutritious food you can eat. Basically, if a caveman could hunt or gather it then you can eat it! So lean meats, fish, nuts, seeds and plenty of fresh veggies.
Here are five simple recipes to add your new Paleo repertoire.
- Sweet Potato Broccoli Chicken Bake. Prepped and cooked in one dish, with lean protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates, this recipe is perfect for Paleo beginners! Simply combine sweet potato, broccoli and chicken with olive oil and herby seasoning, roast and enjoy a simple supper an hour later.
- Zucchini Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce. Don’t skip your favorite meals, instead turn to zoodles (zucchini noodles!) to still enjoy a delicious marinara. Less carb-heavy but just as delicious this nutrient-packed dinner will keep the whole family happy.
- Harissa Portobello Mushroom Tacos. Turn to this simple recipe when you want to impress. The harissa lends its deep, spicy flavor to the meaty portobello mushrooms and once paired with fresh guac, you’ll be in heaven! Wrap in collard greens, eat with your hands and enjoy.
- Superfood Baked Salmon. Omega-3-rich salmon, vitamin K-packed Brussels sprouts and blueberries bursting with antioxidents, this dish will certainly give your body a boost! It’s made in one pan and can be on the table in just 20 minutes so we say it’s the perfect meal to beat those midweek blues.
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding. Round off a healthy nutritious meal with a healthy nutritious pudding. This chocolate mousse gets a creamy rich texture from a ripe avocado, not to mention healthy fats and more potassium than a banana.
Are you following the Paleo diet? Share your progress with us in the comments below!