Salsa is a staple of the GetLean Challenge nutrition program, probably because you get great bang for your buck! These recipes play with different fruits and vegetables to make a whole rainbow of different salsas. Try a few as toppings to change up your regular recipes!
- Mango Avocado Salsa. This recipe is a fun tropical salsa loaded with healthy fats! The perfect combination of sweet and savory, works great as a topping on white fish. Fish tacos anyone?
- Roasted Salsa Verde. Salsa verde, made with tomatillos, may be familiar to some of us Mexican food lovers. For those of you who haven’t tried it, it’s more tart and sweeter than red tomato salsa. This recipe is good with chicken and is light enough to be used as a salad dressing.
- Blueberry Jalapeno Salsa. This one is a bit more out there, but wait until you taste it! Goes surprisingly well with eggs or salmon.
- Fresh Homemade Salsa. An oldy but goody, this recipe hits the traditional salsa nail on the head. So versatile, we dare you to find a dish this salsa doesn’t go with!
- Nectarine Basil Salsa. A dessert salsa? Why not! It’s always great to use seasonal produce and this recipe uses a summer staple – nectarines. Try using it as a topping for homemade, no sugar added frozen yogurt!
Do you have a favorite salsa recipe? Share it in the comments!