Sometimes all it takes to liven up your daily food routine is to change the presentation! Apple nachos are one of the latest trends in the Pinterest food scene, but most recipes are a glorified dessert. We’ve created an apple nachos recipe that will liven up afternoon snack for both you and the kids without the added sugar!
4 medium-sized apples of your choice
4 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter (no added oils or sugar)
4 tbsp chopped pecans
2 tbsp shredded coconut – unsweetened
- Cut up the apples into thin slices, the thinner the better.
- Heat up your peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it’s pourable.
- Arrange half of your apple slices on a serving plate.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of peanut butter over the apple slices on the plate. Sprinkle half of the chopped pecans and shredded coconut over the apples.
- Place the other half of your apples on the plate.
- Add the rest of your toppings to the serving plate.
What did you think of these apple nachos? Share your thoughts in the comments!