We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now that holiday season is in full swing, we have decided to do an extra special post today. Cookies are ubiquitous at at every holiday party and in every workplace lunchroom, but most of the time they are packed with enough fat and sugar for an entire day! Below is a list of five healthier holiday cookie recipes that you can bake with your family or share with co-workers.
- Spiced Carrot Cake Cookies. These soft and chewy cookies were apparently the result of a muffin failure, but we think these are even better! The primary ingredients in this recipe are oats and carrots, making it a fair bit healthier than a traditional carrot cake.
- Almond Flour Sugar Cookies. The iconic holiday cookie! This sugar cookie recipe features coconut oil instead of butter and honey & applesauce in place of sugar. It’s not like biting into an apple but is certainly better than a traditional sugar cookie.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Apple butter and half of the sugar in a typical cookie makes this recipe a good bet. Oatmeal raisin might not be for everyone, but for those with a craving these cookies will hit the spot!
- Protein Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are exactly as the name suggests! Filled with protein powder, almonds, and creamy peanut butter, they add something extra to the dessert table.
- Low-Fat Gingerbread Cookies. Another holiday cookie favorite, most of the butter in this recipe is replaced with applesauce. Try making your gingerbread house building materials with this recipe! Decorate with nuts and dried fruit for an extra-healthy holiday baking project.
Do you have a favorite healthy holiday cookie recipe? Share in the comments!