Frittatas are a great option for any meal! This dish is both easy to cook and easy to save for leftovers. But many can be overloaded with cheese and greasy meat, decreasing the health benefits. We’ve cut the cheese and used turkey bacon, so you can eat this frittata knowing it’s doing more for your health. Try the recipe below!
Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli
3 strips of cooked turkey bacon
5 extra large eggs
1/4 cup of 2% milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut your broccoli and bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Mince the shallot.
- After swiping your skillet with olive oil, place the broccoli and bacon pieces evenly spaced on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the shallot on top.
- Mix the large eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Pour over the ingredients in the skillet.
- Cook the skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Move the skillet to the oven for another 10 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown. Remove and let cool.
Love the frittata? Share your thoughts in the comments!