Everyone wants some junk food now and then, but how can you do it without completely going off the rails? One serving of Lays potato chips contains enough fat and carbs for an entire meal. And who realllllly eats only one serving? Let’s not even get into the nutrition facts of microwave popcorn. Or movie theater popcorn! Check out this recipe for crunchy beet chips.
Makes 8 servings
1/2 pound of purple beets
1/2 pound of golden beets
2 tablespoons of Extra Light Olive Oil
salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel your beets. Using a mandolin to thinly slice the beets. Keep the purple and golden beets separated in different bowls.
- Toss each bowl with a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the chips closely, without crowding, on the baking sheets.
- Bake the chips for 30 minutes or until crisp. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking.
- Toss chips with sea salt to taste.
Like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments!