Salmon is a great tasting fish perfect for family dinners in the summer. It’s chock full of Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D, as well as being a great source of protein. But putting together a full meal, including all the side dishes, can sometimes take too much time. This recipe allows you to cook fish and a veggie side dish at the same time, cutting down on your prep and clean up time!
Makes 4 servings
20 oz. salmon fillet
2 medium zucchini
2 small yellow squash
2 cups of spinach
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
1 clove of garlic
½ white onion
2 ½ tablespoons of Extra Light Olive Oil
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mince the garlic clove.
- Chop the white onion, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Combine the garlic, white onion, zucchini and squash with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Spread the veggie mixture across the bottom of a large piece of tin foil. Make sure the tin foil is big enough to wrap around the salmon and vegetables to make a packet after you’re finished with prep.
- Put the salmon fillet on top of the veggies.
- Mix the chopped basil with the remaining 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil. Brush the mixture onto the salmon.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Spread the two cups of spinach across the top of the salmon.
- Close the tin foil to create a packet.
- Put the salmon packet onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
Did you love this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments!